It was a good day yesterday. My son took an entrance exam in FEU Diliman, and he passed. *grin*

It was both our first time to set foot in the school. Jyego was visibly nervous, but he was also ecstatic at the new environment surrounding him, a vast university on roughly a 15-hectare piece of land. In spite of the scorching heat, it felt nice walking on the university's covered walks and seeing a lot of greens all around. As the university claims, there is peace and quiet within the school premises.

When we reached the Guidance office, it was past eleven o'clock in the morning. We were politely told by one of the personnel that we were a few minutes late into having Jyego take the test. We agreed to meet there again at one o'clock in the afternoon. Jyego and I went to the canteen, but he did not want to eat anything. He was obviously still feeling tensed. I wasn't so hungry myself, so we just sat there. The cafeteria isn't a very fancy place (it's not even air-conditioned, but it has sufficient ventilation) but it's not so bad either. I spent the time filling out the school's application form, while Jyego tried to relax a little updating his Facebook status and watching a Transformers movie on the laptop I brought with me. I also took the opportunity to look at the food on the counter. They had baked macaroni, chicken casserole, pork sisig, lumpiang shanghai, among others, at very affordable prices. Customers could also help themselves to free soup and hot water (for coffee drinkers) at the end of the counter. For junk food lovers, there is a kiosk selling french fries and fish balls. I also saw that empty plastic bottles were being collected for recycling. So far, so good. I'm really beginning to like the school.

It was some time before 1 o'clock, so Jyego and I headed back to the Guidance office. We saw grade school and high school students having their lunch everywhere: on the school grounds, at the foot of the stairs, and  on benches. There were a number of international students, most of them Koreans.

Then it was time for Jyego's exam. I waited outside the Guidance office, saying my prayers. I knew how important it was for Jyego to be admitted into this school. FEU Diliman is a UAAP member, that's why. After saying my prayers, my next stop was at the ladies' room. I was impressed because it was really kept clean. Good job, FEU maintenance!

When I got out, Jyego was already texting, apparently trying to send me a message to ask where I was. I asked him what he thought about the test. He amusingly told me that none of the English lessons we reviewed was included in the test. There were mostly logical and critical thinking problems, he told me. A few minutes after, he was called in by the Guidance personnel. It was some sort of an interview, I was guessing at that time.

Finally, I learned about the good news. Jyego is eligible for admission in third year high school for school year 2012-2013. Great news indeed! What's more is there's hope for him to avail of a scholarship grant if he joins the varsity team. Lord God, thy will be done . . .

Before we headed home, Jyego told me he wanted to buy a souvenir at the school shop. We picked a baller in the school's perpetual green and yellow colors. That was how we ended our first trip to FEU Diliman. See you in enrollment then!

Comments

  1. Congrats on Jyego passing the exam! :)

    There's truly a lot to be said about a school that keeps its bathrooms clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, thesoulsearcher :)

      Re clean bathrooms in schools para kasing comfort zone pag ganun di ba? :))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When I Went Loco in Ilocos

Another year over (almost)