Books: A Love Story

I sorely miss reading books. After switching careers from advertising to business process outsourcing, I stopped reading as a hobby. It was around the same time that I also stopped writing. Truly, reading and writing either flourish or die together.

My earliest favorite books were from the Nancy Drew series. IKR. It's old school. Years back, I would spend summer vacation with my aunt and her family. Except for my aunt (who was always busy in the kitchen), everyone of us in that household either had a book to read or a movie video to watch. My cousins had a fairly wide collection of readings, which they either bought with their allowance or were given to them by their dad, and the ones that first got me hooked into reading were the Nancy Drew paperbacks. I can't remember now which titles I have read (I won't deny memory gap is something I have developed in my state of motherhood.), but they definitely triggered my love for mystery novels toward the latter years.

When Nancy Drew became quite predictable to me, I graduated to reading Robert Ludlum partly on the influence of an uncle and a friend. We raved about some of Ludlum's masterpieces, such as The Scarlatti Inheritance, The Chancellor Manuscript, The Holcroft Covenant, and the Jason Bourne series (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum). Ludlum, I think, never learned the phrase dull moment. Every word, line, and page he wrote drew me in.

(To be continued  . . .)   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Went Loco in Ilocos

Another year over (almost)